Use Neon inside AWS VPC

We are hosted in AWS.
For security reason we need to access all resources securely (either inside our VPC or connected with AWS Private Link).
How can we achieve this with Neon ?

2 Likes

Hey @Leonard_Henriquez

Connecting to Neon with AWS Private Link or from a VPC is not currently supported. This is on our roadmap, but we don’t have an exact ETA yet. Is this a blocker for you?

It’s not a blocker today but it’s a mandatory criteria for my compliance roadmap at the end of 2023.
It would be great to have some kind of timeline on the topic to know if I need to look into other options (such as deploy neon open source version in my infrastructure or switch to a regular postgreSQL instance inside my VPC)

It would be great to have some kind of timeline on the topic

This feature is not planned for Q3

Would having the ability to whitelist IP addresses satisfy your need? We’d love to learn more details about your specific security requirements. We can find a time that works best for you and set up a call

I am also interested in a way to connect Neon to my AWS account without exposing Neon to the Internet (ex. Private Link). I’m also interested in creating IP restrictions in the meantime. Do you mind sharing information about how to do so?

1 Like

:raised_hands: While I know this isn’t quite as tight of an AWS integration as PrivateLink, we’ve just shipped the IP Allow feature, available on Pro-tier accounts, to give you the ability to restrict access to your Neon databases by IP and IP range.

See Restrict Access to Your Neon Database with IP Allow - Neon for more info.