Terraform provider to manager Neon resources

Hey folks

I’d like to announce initial release of the terraform provider to provision Neon resources: tf registry.

It supports a single resource, project, for now.

Upcoming releases will include the following resources in the order of implementation:

• branch
  • endpoint
  • database
  • role
  • api key

I’d highly appreciate your feedback and contribution!

Thanks
Dmitry

1 Like

Cool! One question, with a newly created project we return a ready to use DATABASE_URL with password. How one can get it using you TF provider? Or they will need to reset a password after provisioning a project?

@ololobus Hey! Thanks for the question/feedback!

I include access url as part of upcoming release. It will be available as a read-only property of the project resource.

As for password reset, I recon it’d make most sense to add the functionality for the neon_role tf resource. WDYT?

Yep, I think it makes sense for the role only

Hey folks!

I’m happy to announce that v0.1.0 of the neon tf provider has been released! :slightly_smiling_face:

It supports all Neon base resources now:

• project
  • branch
  • endpoint
  • role
  • database

I hope that the provider would enable developers for robust effective ops through automation. To see how, please consider the guide. It illustrates how to provision Neon project, branch, role and database, and to setup secure secrets storage to minimize chances of undesirable access to provisioned database.

Please try the provider and leave your feedback in the form of github issues. Also your contributions in the form of PR are more than welcomed: OSS FTW! :wink:

Regards
Dmitry

1 Like