Possibility of Changing Database Encoding

Hello everyone,

I have been using Neon for my database needs, and I am facing a challenge related to the database encoding. Currently, it seems that Neon only supports the “C” collation and does not allow changing the encoding of the database.

I would like to inquire about the following:

1. Is there any ongoing development or plans to introduce the functionality to change the database encoding in Neon.tech?
  2. If there are any future plans, could you please provide an estimated timeline or any relevant updates?
  3. In the current situation, is there a recommended workaround or alternative approach to deal with specific characters and support different encodings within a table or column?

I understand that database encoding is a fundamental aspect of managing data, and being able to support different encodings is essential for multilingual applications. I am keen to learn more about the direction and possibilities in this regard within Neon.tech.

Thank you for your attention and support.

1 Like

Hey @klawdyo! Sorry for the late response.

When we make it possible to manage databases via SQL, you will be able to set the database encoding.

This is something we are actively working on, and it should be available sometime in June. Unfortunately, there currently isn’t a workaround right now

Hi. Some news about this?