Connection refuse

My serve active, but connection refuse. My plan is free.
I use Python
Error:OperationalError: connection to server at “localhost” (::1), port 5432 failed: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on that host and accepting TCP/IP connections?
connection to server at “localhost” (127.0.0.1), port 5432 failed: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on that host and accepting TCP/IP connections?
Code:
connection_string = os.getenv(‘postgres://###:#####@ep-blue-sun-37031258.us-east-2.aws.neon.tech/Teste’)

# Connect to the PostgreSQL database
conn = psycopg2.connect(connection_string)

Line error: 6 conn = psycopg2.connect(connection_string)

Tanks for help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ThiagoLM did you end up getting a response to this? I’ve just experienced this while doing running showcase :sweat_smile:.

Caught error:  PrismaClientUnknownRequestError: 
Invalid `prisma.patient.findMany()` invocation:

Error occurred during query execution:
ConnectorError(ConnectorError { user_facing_error: None, kind: QueryError(PostgresError { code: "08001", message: "[NEON_SMGR] could not establish connection to pageserver", severity: "ERROR", detail: Some("connection to server at \"pageserver-2.ap-southeast-1.aws.neon.tech\" (ITS_IP_ADDRESS), port ITS_PORT failed: Connection refused\n\tIs the server running on that host and accepting TCP/IP connections?"), column: None, hint: None }), transient: false })
    at si.handleRequestError (/var/task/node_modules/.pnpm/@prisma+client@5.8.1_prisma@5.8.1/node_modules/@prisma/client/runtime/library.js:125:7007)
    at si.handleAndLogRequestError (/var/task/node_modules/.pnpm/@prisma+client@5.8.1_prisma@5.8.1/node_modules/@prisma/client/runtime/library.js:125:6151)
    at si.request (/var/task/node_modules/.pnpm/@prisma+client@5.8.1_prisma@5.8.1/node_modules/@prisma/client/runtime/library.js:125:5859)
    at async l (/var/task/node_modules/.pnpm/@prisma+client@5.8.1_prisma@5.8.1/node_modules/@prisma/client/runtime/library.js:130:9805)
    at async d (/var/task/.next/server/app/page.js:18:8680)
    at async l (/var/task/.next/server/app/page.js:18:6924)
    at async T (/var/task/.next/server/app/page.js:18:2438) {
  clientVersion: '5.8.1'
}

Just to let you know, it eventually started working again ~5 minutes later. I also looked at Neon’s Services Status page to see if there was a potential outage, but there was nothing there.

Hey @qt-pixels, welcome!

Sorry to hear that you’re running into an issue. Do you mind sharing more details about your setup? Based on the logs you shared, I see that you’re using Next.js and Prisma. Are you using Serverless functions on Vercel? Or are you using something else?

Also, are you running into this issue frequently?

I also looked at Neon’s Services Status page to see if there was a potential outage, but there was nothing there.
We didn’t have any recent incidents that affected the ap-southeast region. If you could share with me your project ID (you can find it in your project settings) our team can take a closer look.

Btw if you prefer to not have this conversation here, you can reach out on our Discord