Can Neon be Self-hosted?

Yes.

One can run neon on the local machine without any servers, we have a special set of “e2e” tests doing exactly this: neon/test_runner at main · neondatabase/neon · GitHub

There’s a set of tools you need to run together to have a fully working system locally:

You don’t have to start them by hand though, there are two ways to manage those:

Pretty much the same way as the dev env could be started, the self hosted one could be.
One key difference that might help here is the Dockerfile that we have, we build images out of it and compute:

The images’ maintenance will become more structured with time, for now we only have latest x86 Docker images pushed for every code change in main.

3 Likes

Have you run Neon on Kubernetes? Are there any docs on this?

1 Like

Any update on this process?
Better to have all the command lines so we can play with separately :slight_smile:

I want to deploy Neon on my kubernetes cluster, but I don’t know how to do it. Is there any documentation on this? It would be better to be more detailed.

@Tony I have started writing a k8s operator for the same. Please try it and let me know.